Friday, October 4, 2019

Out Of Liberty

PG
Starring: Jasen Wade, Brandon Ray Olive, Casey Elliott, Corbin Allred, Adam Johnson, Danny James, Larry Bagby, Brock Roberts, Shawn Stevens and Travis Farris
Running Time: 1Hour and 51 Minutes

I am so late getting this review up, I was finally able to go and see it. I was unable to attend the sneak screening. This movie was released back on September 13th. Let me start by explaining that The Director of this movie Mr. Garrett Batty, grew up in the house right next door to me and is the son of my dear friend Sheryl.
To those of you who are not familiar with Garrett, he is also the writer and director of both of these spectacular movies; “The Saratov Approach” and “Freetown”.
They were both such great and inspiring movies! I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
“Out Of Liberty”, is based on factual events that took place in 1839 over the course of 6 months.
This movie is kind of a Western style of movie that reminded me of an old jail-break movie from the past.
It begins with Joseph Smith (Brandon Ray Olive) and several other Church leaders of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints being held captive in The Liberty jail in Liberty, Missouri.
They are held in the cold and dreary basement in freezing and filthy conditions without any privacy. They only have a bucket to use for a toilet and are given very little food to eat. A very miserable situation!
They are being held because they had requested that The Militia assist them after they had received an extermination order to leave Missouri. The Militia did assist them and in all of the uproar with the mob mentality, a man was unfortunately killed. The local people accuse Joseph Smith and his fellow church members of killing him and demand that they be locked up and tried for his murder.
The jailer, Samuel Tillery (Jasen Wade) played a key role in keeping the men safe and alive. He had a genuinely good heart and took sympathy upon the men.
I found this movie to be riveting and captivating, I was on the edge of my seat with intrigue! It really held my attention. I honestly found it to be very similar to today’s mindset with a lot of people in our country.
I think all of the actors did a really great job portraying their characters, they made it very believable and realistic!
Garrett Batty has done an outstanding job on this movie and he should be very proud of his hard work!
Parents be advised: This movie is rated PG. I think that this movie is appropriate for children ages eight and older because of the graphic and realistic conditions that the men endure and the harshness of the story matter. There was NO swearing or cursing.
I am giving “ Out Of Liberty” four bags of popcorn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews