Friday, May 31, 2019

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

PG 13
Starring: Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Ken Watanabe, Ziyi Zhang and Bradley Whitford
Running Time: 2 Hours and 11 Minutes

So I went into this Godzilla movie with the mindset of the 2014 movie simply titled “Godzilla” which I really enjoyed.
This newly released movie, “Godzilla: King of the Monsters”, was a massive disappointment to me.
Godzilla movies are part of our history. They have been around since 1954.
Since I really did enjoy the last one, I was hoping this version would be equally as good but it fell short.
From the moment this movie started it was really weak. The story was confusing and the actress that played the lead female role, Dr. Emma Russell (Vera Farmiga) was a joke! She was almost a madman with her motivation. She and her estranged husband Mark Russell (Kyle Chandler) were separated
 (I could never tell if they were divorced?) and they have a teenaged daughter. They had lost a son and she was distraught about that. She and her daughter Madison (Millie Bobby Brown) were at the labs of Monarch, a cryptozoological agency that keeps an eye on the monsters of the world. when all chaos breaks out and they are taken hostage by Jonah Alan (Charles Dance) and his army. He takes them because of Dr. Russell’s amazing communication skills with all of the monsters who have been dormant since the 2014 Godzilla!
The monsters start to come into play and it is all just very vague. There are Mothra, Rodan and the new and pretty cool looking Ghidorah, a three headed fire-breathing dragon character.
They battle it out along with Godzilla but with the constant blue-colored screen it’s hard to really see what’s going on and I saw it in IMAX!
I hardly ever complain about a movie, but this one really is bad! I honestly feel like I wasted an eternal two hours of my life watching this Godzilla. (I have to be honest).
Parents be advised: This movie is rated PG-13. I would not recommend this movie for children under the age of 13. There are the four monsters that I mentioned battling it out and some profanity including the F-bomb.
I am giving “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” two bags of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews