Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Rampage



PG-13
Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Naomi Harris, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Jake Lacy, Malin Ackerman, Joseph Manganiello, P.J. Byrne and Demetrius Grosse
Running Time: 1 Hour and 47 Minutes

In case you you were not aware, the movie "Rampage" is loosely based on the very popular 1986 arcade game by Bally Midway. I will honestly admit that I went into this movie with zero expectations. I found myself immediately drawn in and completely engrossed in this movie! It reminded me of my childhood adventure movies that held my complete interest and kept me on the edge of my seat.
This is the story of a Primatoligist Davis Okoye (Dwayne Johnson) who works closely with primates and has become very close and attached to a silverback gorilla named George, to the point that he can converse with him through sign language. George is a very intelligent and human-like gorilla who has been raised by Davis since birth. The two of them share a very special relationship.
A renegade experiment had taken place by some unethical characters, the experiment went awry and all chaos ensues! A dangerous chemical is released into the atmosphere and it adversely affects the gorilla George, an alligator in the Florida Everglades and a wolf in Wyoming.
 It causes them to become super-sized, get very angry and become extremely violent! The three of them converge on the City of Chicago where a signal is being released and they are drawn to it.
This is where the ultimate showdown takes place!
Like I said in the beginning, this is just an edge of your seat popcorn movie. It really did take me back to my childhood days when I would watch the old "King Kong" movies and be completely captivated.
I actually really did enjoy this action/adventure movie, it was just a fun thrill ride. The special effects were great too.
Parents be advised: This is a PG-13 rated movie. That allows for more flexibility. This movie has a lot of monster type violence. There is a lot of profanity, even the f-bomb is dropped in this movie.
I am giving "Rampage" three and a half bags of popcorn.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews