Saturday, February 17, 2018

Black Panther


PG-13
Starring: Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B . Jordan, Angela Bassett, Martin Freeman, Forest Whittaker, Andy Serkis, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke and Sterling K. Brown
Running Time: 2 Hours and 20 Minutes

This is the next installment of the Marvel Universe (18th to be exact).
This is the story of the superhero "T'Challa"aka "Black Panther" (Chadwick Boseman). The film begins where Captain America: Civil War left off. T'Challa goes back to Wakanda in Africa to succeed the throne of his late father and become the King of this incredible little country.
What makes Wakanda so incredible is that it has been blessed with a very special substance there called "Vibranium", which came from a meteorite from deep in outer space... but it has a power all of its own!!!
I loved the introduction to Wakanda. It felt a little "Lion King" to me. I thought the special effects were just breathtaking! The beautiful scenery and the special colors made it spectacular.
The story was not that strong, I felt like T'Challa wasn't so much of a superhero as he was a man trying to be a great King and save his people from an outside threat. I enjoyed "Black Panther", I thought Michael B. Jordan did a great job as Erik Killmonger and I thought it was great to see an almost exclusive African/American cast. I really enjoyed the scenery, the music and the culture.
Parents be advised: there was some fighting and violence and some mild profanity.
I am giving "Black Panther" three bags of popcorn.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews