Friday, November 10, 2017

Murder on the Orient Express

PG-13
Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench, Derek Jacobi, Michael Pena, Penelope Cruz, Willem Dafoe an Josh Gad
Running Time: 1 Hour and 54 Minutes

This is a remake of the 1974 version and both of these movies are based on the very popular Agatha Christie novel.
This is such a classic and sophisticated mystery that I do not want to divulge any secrets that might give away the plot.
I will just say that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I found it to be highly entertaining with a serious touch of elegance. It also has an impressive cast of characters!
This is the story of an upscale train en route from Istanbul, Turkey to London, England that caters to the rich and elite. They suddenly find themselves caught in a ferocious storm and the train is suddenly derailed. They are stranded for hours until help can come and rescue them.
Mysteriously a passenger (I'm not going to identify) is murdered  and everyone becomes a suspect!
It just so happens that the world's most famous and very best detective Herecule Poirot (Kenneth Branagh) is a passenger on board! He immediately goes to work to find out who amongst the passengers is guilty of the heinous murder.
This is a story that finds that all of the passengers are unknowingly intertwined to the murder victim. There are a lot of twists and turns and it is very intriguing. The perfect nostalgic whodunit! A classic Agatha Christie thriller.
I really enjoyed this movie. It was entertaining and thought provoking. I appreciated the old time feel it had. If you just want a fun mystery escape movie, this will fill the bill.
Parents be advised: This movie is rated PG-13. I would recommend this movie for children over the age of 13. It is more of an adult movie. There is really nothing objectionable it is just better suited to adults. I don't think it would hold a child's or young adults interest. I don't recall any profanity but the murder victim is shown and that was somewhat gruesome.
I am giving "Murder on the Orient Express" three and a half bags of popcorn.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews